Sunday, March 9, 2008

So, nothing of mine to show on this blog despite being at the drawing board most of the day. I've been pounding out pencils and inks for the Thundarr the Barbarian piece I'm doing for the Velocity Comics DRAW! contest. The theme is Jack Kirby this go 'round.

I'm an obsessive Kirby-phile and I thought about this and that for the project. I thought New Gods to start, a nice piece with Orion and Darkseid squaring off amidst chaotic devastation and cosmic battle. But I figured with the Death of the New Gods arc that DC is running that I wouldn't do that.

So many good Kirby characters. The Demon would've been sweet but I came to the conclusion that Thundarr was it.

In about a day or two or three, I'll have my piece drawn, inked, scanned, colored and layed-out, not to mention printed and submitted to the contest. I'm having fun with this. Word!

No comments: