Sunday, April 6, 2008

old art series - 2001


I've recently closed out my myspace artwork album and I'm in the process of posting that stuff on this artwork blog. Makes sense...

Here's a piece that I did for my junior year at VCU. Obviously it's a redesign of one of our favorite movies for a digital drawing class. The piece is pencils with digital coloring in Photoshop. I was just learning some more Photoshop tricks and this is actually my first digital coloring, pre-Wacom tablet. So I colored this jank with a freaking mouse.

It is what it is...

1 comment:

Kyle Wai Lin said...

hi tim,

i am grad student at the vcu brandcenter (formerly adcenter). i am looking for an artist that can work in a particular style for an upcoming project.

i was referred to you by shawn yu. i believe you would be able to work in the style that i am looking for.

its a pretty simple project, which would involve recreating 3-5 product shot images, painted in a 1960-70's pulp art style.

i would be willing to pay a very modest grad school student amount. please email me if you are interested.

cheers,
kyle
kylewailin@gmail.com