Monday, December 17, 2007

BRING ON THE BAD GUYS!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner...!

I won the Velocity Comics DRAW! contest this past Friday. The theme was "Bring on the Bad Guys!" I knew what I had to do as soon as I heard the theme. I cranked out this piece in 3 days time with reference, blueline pencils, inking, and digital colors in Photoshop with a Wacom tablet. I was stoked to feel worthy of those votes. And I got to clear out the majority of my comics pull box to bring home some choice comic books. Books like Dark Horse's BPRD, Umbrella Academy, Lobster Johnson, also some hard to find MiracleMan back issues by Alan Moore! Score!

Oh yeah. And I've finally graduated from VCU! I'll be receiving my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Communication Arts degree in the mail some time. I'm finally free of that place! But then come the student loan payments....

Now if I could just get a job.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the contest!!! I knew that piece would win! More importantly, though, WAY TO FUCKING GRADUATE! WOO HOO!!!! You made it through without killing anyone! Seriously, though...I'm very proud of you.

On the blog note...I think you having a blog now might actually make me use mine.

Anonymous said...

You have a few months grace before paying back those loans, right? Enjoy the freedom while you can.

naomiful said...

hurrah you're on blogspot.. i linked your name onto mine. :) nice image! very funny and nostalgic ~ looking forward to more

Anonymous said...

nice work...

So I say to youth right now. Don't sway to the unjust, no matter what they say, never give in...