Wednesday, December 19, 2007

...grant me the Serenity to accept...

This line up is of character re-designs for the movie Serenity. It was the first assignment for fall semester '07 (just finished!) in Concept Art for Movies and Video Games. The class was taught by Tin Salamunic (linked on right), a talented, dedicated and ambitious artist.

Left to right, they are as follows: River Tam, Simon Tam, Kaylee, Jayne Cobb, Wash, Zoe, Mal, Inarra Serra, The Operative, Book and Mr. Universe.

Last night when I first tried to post this I had a long description of all the characters, my thoughts, design decisions. It took me a while to type. Then the router crapped out on me and left me with half of the first line. I would re-type those descriptions except that I have to get back to looking for jobs.

Maybe I'll set something up for future posts.

No comments: